While Bolivia does have an embassy in Delhi, due to lack of time in India, we chose to apply for Bolivian visa in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. The whole process is smooth and can be completed in just 24 hours.
Unlike most of the countries, Bolivia permits tourists to apply for Visa at any embassy in world. The documentation required is standard and turnaround time is quick. Here is the step by step process of how to apply for Bolivian Visa anywhere in world:
- Visa Application needs to be filled online via this link (Bolivian Visa Application). This is essential and only printout of form submitted online is accepted.
- Following documents should be scanned & kept ready for upload in the visa system :
- Itinerary (Simple excel or word document would do)
- Passport (bio-data page and the page containing parents name and address).
- Accommodation Confirmation
- Declaration of financial solvency – should simply state that you have a credit card and will bear all expenses yourself in Bolivia.
- Apart from this, only standard details like passport issue date etc. are sought. Whole process of filling the form should not take more than 15 minutes per person.
- Post online submission, applicant can save the form in PDF format.
- Attach a copy of your Yellow Fever Vaccination certificate also with the hard copy application.
- We submitted our documents along with passports to the embassy & received 30 days visa in 24 hours
If for some reason, you are not able to apply for visa at a Bolivian consulate, Indian Passport holders can always apply for Visa on Arrival.
- Try to get visa at a consulate as it is free of cost. Visa on Arrival at airport costs round USD 55.
- Each upload document should be 500 kb or less. Else system will reject it.
For further information on Bolivian Visa, please refer to this link. Alternatively, let me know in case you have any queries or doubts.
La Paz, highest capital city in world..Here we come !!!!